Therapy at the Speed of Light
- Since the 1970s, phototherapy has been used as an alternative therapy to the regeneration of traumatized nerve tissues
- Phototherapy contributes to the acceleration of injured nerve tissue regeneration
- Stimulates adjacent nerve/nervous tissue
How is post-activity recovery calculated?
Blood lactate levels, creatine kinase and C-reactive protein levels are commonly used biochemical markers for skeletal muscle recovery
Light Therapy in Muscles
When applied before exercise, light emitting diode therapy (LEDT) contributes to positive results for skeletal muscle recovery
Better potential for improving short term post exercise recovery compared to Cold Water Immersion Therapy
Mechanisms of low-level lasers
- Releases energy from photons absorbed through photochemical, photo-physical or photo-biological effects on cells and tissues that do not generate heat
- Decreases inflammation, lowering pain levels
- stimulates circulation and cell activity
Phototherapy is even being used in the treatment of skin problems such as psoriasis, vitiligo and eczema. Here's how it works, check the link below!